How to make a claim
We understand the circumstances under which a claim will be made can be very difficult. That’s why we’ve made our claims process simple and straightforward.
Follow the 3-step process below and we’ll aim to pay your benefit within 1–2 business days of receiving the completed claim documents, without any unnecessary delay.
Your beneficiary or family member should notify New Zealand Seniors that a claim will be made. Simply call us on 0800 400 190 and we’ll supply you with a claim form. Alternatively, once you have notified us, download the relevant claim form:
Complete and collate the following forms and documents:
- claim form
- a certified copy of evidence of death
- a copy of evidence of the deceased’s age
- a copy of proof of your identity and your relationship to the deceased.
Find out more about obtaining a death certificate.
Important information about your claim
- Make sure you read the claim form carefully and complete it in full. If it’s not complete, it will be sent back to you to complete before the claims process continues.
- Please make sure each proof of identification is valid and not expired.
- Identification supplied needs to match the name on the claim form (e.g. if the claim form is in the person’s married name then the identification needs to be in the married name – however we will assist you to resolve any discrepancy).
- We may need further information to assess the claim and we’ll be in contact with you if so.
- Claims are generally paid within 1 business day of receipt of the completed claim form and supporting documents. Sometimes this may take longer if the documentation is inconclusive. If this happens, we’ll seek extra information to process the claim as fast as possible. We will call you as soon as there’s an update or every 10 business days to keep you informed of how your claim is progressing.
- If we’re unable to pay your claim, we’ll explain why and you’ll have the opportunity to present extra information to support your claim.
Visit the Seniors Funeral Insurance Claims FAQs page for answers to commonly asked claims questions.
How can we help?
To find out more about New Zealand Seniors,
speak to one of our friendly insurance specialists now