Why funeral insurance is important
Funeral insurance is a positive step towards financially protecting your loved ones during a difficult time. It can be important consideration for those who want to make sure their family can pay any final expenses they leave behind.
A funeral insurance payout can help make it easy for your loved ones to cover such things as:
- your funeral service (e.g. burial, cremation, death certificates, flowers, clergy fees)
- bills or expenses you leave behind
- immediate mortgage or loan repayments
- whatever is pressing for your family at the time (e.g. school fees, car loans, groceries).
Who can get funeral insurance?
Anyone can apply for funeral insurance if they’re within a provider’s eligible age range and residency status. New Zealand Residents aged 18–79 are guaranteed acceptance for Seniors Funeral Insurance with no medical or blood tests required to apply.
It doesn’t matter what style of send-off you’re after. Be it donating your body to science, getting cremated or having a traditional funeral – a funeral insurance policy will help you achieve it by paying out your benefit in full to your chosen beneficiary to complete your wishes.
Why consider New Zealand Seniors?
When considering funeral insurance, consider whether you would like a policy that offers flexibility, in case your circumstances change. Here are some features and benefits of Seniors Funeral Insurance:
- Convenience. It’s quick and easy to secure a policy over the phone, set up a fortnightly or monthly premium payment at no extra cost, and making a claim when the time comes.
- Flexibility for loved ones. Your family will receive a quick, lump sum payout upon your death to spend as they wish – it’s not just for a funeral service.
- Bonus Cover – this will increase your cover amount after you reach a certain age, helping you prepare for any new challenges that life might bring. With Seniors Funeral Insurance, you’ll get an additional 25% Bonus Cover added to your cover amount when you turn 85.
- Ongoing cover at no extra charge – some policies only have payable premiums up to a certain age. After this, you can keep your policy at no further cost. You only need to pay for premiums up until age 85 with Seniors Funeral Insurance.
- Guaranteed payment at age 100 –Seniors Funeral Insurance pays your full benefit amount plus Bonus Cover when you turn 100. This means your policy will end and you can spend the money freely.
- Early Cash Out – Option to end your policy and receive 75% of the benefit amount at age 85.