New Zealand Seniors was established to provide cost effective insurance solutions for mature New Zealanders in 2019. We do this by providing a range of insurance products and policies designed to suit those over 50 years old. We believe in supporting the aging community of New Zealand in a number of ways, and a big area is healthcare. So, with that in mind, we are helping to encourage the best people into the aged care industry by providing the New Zealand Seniors Aged Care Futures Grant.
This grant is offered annually to one person. Applications for the 2021 grant are now open until October 31, 2021 and applications for the 2020 grant are now closed.
The value of this grant is NZD $5,000 (total amount). This amount is paid as a one-off payment to the winner.
- To be eligible, you must be enrolled full-time in an accredited New Zealand Tertiary Education Institution and be studying for a certificate, diploma, degree or traineeship in any of the following areas:
- Aged Care
- Aged Care Nursing
- Dementia Care
- Disabilities Care
- Any other courses leading to similar careers as an aged carer
- Only citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand can apply.
- You must have reached 18 years of age to enter.
- Employees of New Zealand Seniors or Greenstone Financial Services NZ Limited, and their immediate family members including a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling, are ineligible to enter.
To apply for the New Zealand Seniors Aged Care Futures Grant, you will need to write an essay (maximum 500 words) on why you want to work in your selected industry and the difference you hope to make in your particular field of study.
We are looking for submissions that reflect a true desire to improve the quality of people’s lives. It doesn’t have to be great prose, just honest and from the heart, so start thinking about the real reasons you have chosen the career path you have and then put them into words.
How to apply
All applicants must email the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proof of Identification;
- Proof of enrolment, including course name, tertiary institution name and enrolment status;
- Your response (max word count 500 words); and
- Contact details (including residential address).
The winner of the 2021 grant will be selected and awarded by a panel of judges from the New Zealand Seniors team on the basis of the entry that best grasps the challenge. The panel will convene from November 15, 2021.